Thursday, November 24, 2011

How Have I Seen His Hand In My Life?

The pies are baking and my feet are aching but I am overcome with peace.

Today is the day that I am supposed to express gratitude for the things that I have been blessed with.

Today is also the first Thanksgiving Trevor and I have spent away from family since our marriage.

I was watching a wonderful video about gratitude and recognizing it in in our daily lives. So instead of listing what I am grateful for, I am going to list how I have seen the Lord's hand in my life.

1. I have been blessed with a wonderful, caring, and patient husband. He understands my needs and is quick to serve others. He is a wonderful example to me.

2. I have supportive family members. They may not be close to me in proximity, but I know that I can rely on them for anything.

3. Our recent move to Ohio has been a smooth transition. I have met wonderful people who inspire me to do better.

4. Our cozy home is not much, but it is affordable, comfortable, and pest free. Such an improvement from our last place!

5. I have my health.

6. I have trials. I know that sounds strange but if I am going to recognize the Lord's hand in my life, I need to understand that the trials I experience in this life are nothing more than opportunities to grow.

7. I have a job! I know that my job at the daycare is evidence of God's love for me. I get to work with some very sweet (and some not so sweet) children who teach me the value of the family in God's plan. I can't wait to be a mother some day.

8. I have a testimony. It is nothing spectacular in comparison to others, but it is mine. I am also given the opportunity to share it frequently.

9. I have an education and knowledge. I am no genius, but I love to learn.

10. I have direction. I know who I am. I know what my purpose is. This knowledge makes life much more simple.

Here is that clip I was referring to. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Please leave a comment on how you have seen the Lord's hand in YOUR life?

No comments:

Post a Comment