Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tis The Season To Be Jolly!

Do you have that song stuck in your head now? I do.

This is a great month for our little family. We will be celebrating a lot of little important things that we think are awesome.

First-Trevor succeeded in passing all of his classes. We survived the first semester of Podiatry school! Whoohoo! We think that is a pretty big accomplishment.

Second--We have been able to save a lot of $$. We have worked hard to be frugal and it has taught us so much about the needs we have vs. the wants. Overall, a humbling experience but we are better because of it. Hooray for being poor starving students!

Third--I am almost done with my first semester back at school. I have to constantly remind myself the "whys" of finishing my degree. Sometimes I also have to eat ice cream to get me through the massive amounts of homework. Whatever works right? Oh and I am pretty sure I am getting all A's...and a B.

Fourth--We get to go home for Christmas! We will be taking an extended vacation to visit both of our families. We head to Denver for a week and then fly out to Portland to spend another glorious week of family festivities. We can't wait!

Fifth--We will be celebrating two years of marital bliss on December 29th. Pretty great.

Oh and here is this little goody for a stroll down memory lane as Trevor and I prepare to celebrate our wedding anniversary...check it out. here. This is a video that was put together by our wedding photographer. It was filmed in GORGEOUS Jackson Hole, WY. DISCLAIMER: I am a bit of a dork in this film and I really miss my long hair after I watch it.

We have so much to be grateful for this holiday season and I can't wait to see what the new year brings! I am starting to compile some of my resolutions and will be posting them publicly so that I am more accountable. We will see how that goes. :)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! Finals AND you save money?! I need to learn some of your skills! We ar egoing to miss you guys while you're gone, we'll need a game night or something when you get back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to get together one night for dessert or something while you are home! Congrats on the grades for both of you!

    ReplyDelete