Reality check--we live on a graduate students budget! Thankfully we were able to save just enough to travel to upstate New York and enjoy some of the sights. We visited some church history sights in Palmyra and stood in some sacred areas where the restoration of the gospel took place. It was an amazing experience and I am so glad we were able to spend a day there. We didn't get too many pictures but we really enjoyed our time there. We also had the chance to attend the gorgeous Palmyra Temple together.
A photo of the top of Hill Cumorah (I was about 26 weeks prego here)
Outside the home where Joseph Smith grew up
After we saw the sights in Palmyra we swung up to Niagara Falls! I had never been and Trevor had not visited since he was a kid. We stayed on the Canadian side and it was GORGEOUS. I am so glad that we went. We got in Saturday evening, had a yummy meal and walked along the falls that night. It was so nice to not think about school, work, baby planning, etc.
Here are a few pictures of our trip to Niagara. I just wish we had more together as a couple!
And of course we went on the Maid of the Mist. So AWESOME and so WET!
We ended our wonderful trip with some of my favorite Canadian treats! Ketchup chips, Cadbury chocolate, and of course Timbits!
I loved spending time with Trevor and I am so glad we took the advice to take a trip together. Our "Babymoon" was just what we needed to prepare for another busy semester!






No comments:
Post a Comment