When we found out we were pregnant Trevor and I were ecstatic! This euphoria was quickly followed by 18 weeks of nausea for me and 18 weeks of "What happened to my wife?" for Trevor. Okay, it wasn't THAT bad but needless to say I was one pukey puppy for a good while. As sick and yucky as I felt I still clung to the fact that I was PREGNANT and that there was a purpose to all of my incessant gagging. I tried not to complain much (for those who I did complain to I apologize) and overall felt very blessed.
Here is one of the first pictures I took of my growing belly. 17 weeks!
The summer FLEW by and I am still shocked as to where it all went. I was taking classes and decided to work full time to help add to our little nest egg. I supervised a summer day camp from 9-1 and worked at a daycare in the toddler room (7 TWO YEAR OLDS!!!) from 2-6. Was I busy. Um, yes that would be the understatement of the century. Was I grateful to be busy? Come to think of it, YES! Many of my friends I spoke to always talked about how slow their pregnancies passed by. I felt/feel quite the opposite. Where has the time gone?!
Me at 20 Weeks
Baby Ella's 21 Week Photo
By the end of the summer things started to wind down. We found out we were having a baby girl when I was just over 20 weeks. Trevor and I were both a little surprised--I was beginning to think boy, but in all reality like every other expectant mother I had a 50/50 chance so I just guessed. :) Finding out we were having a girl was so exciting and a little bit emotional for me. It was all starting to set in, but not really.
Me at the Cleveland Indians Game (about 24 weeks)
30 weeks (Worst picture ever but whatever)
I will add some more pictures later. This is a huge post and many of you have probably stopped reading at this point.
We had a wonderful time at the shower that the Spanish Branch threw for us. We felt so grateful for all of the love and support that we received. We also had a shower tomorrow thrown by some of the student's wives--who are some of the most giving people I know! I often feel so undeserving of all of the blessings we have been given. I feel so grateful for the people Heavenly Father has placed in my life to help me prepare for motherhood. Being away from my family at this time has been a little bit more difficult than I would like to admit but we are far from short of support and love here in Cleveland.
I am 36 weeks pregnant today and slowly checking off things on my to do list. SLOWLY is the key word. Trevor often finds me on the brink of a panic attack as I keep finding things to add to the dreaded list. Somehow he always manages to calm my nerves and help me tackle the beast! THANK YOU HUSBAND! I couldn't do this without him.
Well, with only 4 weeks to go I hope that I will be able to update everyone a little bit more. At this point I am feeling my energy deplete and my muscles cramp. However, I am healthy and so is Ella so I really don't have anything to complain about. Hopefully I will get a few more entries in before Ella arrives. If not, keep your eye out for some pictures of the most adorable newborn EVER!
She is going to be one beautiful newborn! I'm so excited! It's like getting a new baby into our family (our friend family) and I don't have to do any if the work!
ReplyDeleteYou are a super cute mommy-to-be! I can't wait to see pics of Ella!
ReplyDelete