Saturday, December 18, 2010

Random :)




So I'm not so great at this blogging thing. Or maybe I don't find my life as riveting as I thought. For whatever reason I have neglected my duties as a faithful blogger.

Trevor and I have been discussing how incredibly blessed we are. I don't mean to brag about how perfect our lives are and how perfect WE are, but I realize we are just more than just lucky. We both have our health, our jobs, a cozy-ish apartment (at least it is getting there...thank you IKEA and Bed Bath and Beyond), and of course, each other. I think we often neglect the little things that we have been given.

So here are some "little things"...


A toaster. Okay, so my toaster isn't this darling but our toaster allows me to indulge in my love of bagels and cream cheese in the morning. What would I do without my toaster?

Another thing I often take for granted is this...



MUSIC! I used to sing and play the piano on a daily basis. Now I'm lucky if I get to bang on our borrowed keyboard or sing along to some of the horrible, repetitive lyrics I hear on the radio. Granted, I am part of a pretty sweet church choir but I still forget to polish my talent. Speaking of music, my husband is pretty much an amazing musician. He always asks me to play guitar with him and I always decline because #1 I'm stubborn and #2 I'm lazy. I married a rock star and he wants me to play guitar with him. How much luckier can a girl get?! Maybe if we practiced we could be the next Sonny and Cher...hmmmm not.

Here is a picture of my rock star husband and his recently retired band Madeline Walks.

So there are a lot of reasons we are blessed. During this Holiday Season I think it is especially important to recognize those little things that make our lives so special. Even if it is as simple as a toaster.






2 comments:

  1. Love your ATTITUDE of GRATITUDE Amy. You are a doll and I love you! G Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amy! I miss you! You are wonderful! You can check out rick and I's blog at http://rickandamanda10.blogspot.com/

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete