Sunday, January 22, 2012

I Got Therapy Today

I wrote this on Friday but I forgot to post it. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!


Today was awesome. So awesome in fact I want to do it all over again.

The day began with no work. This is huge considering I get up at 5:30 a.m. on a work day. I love sleeping in until 8:00. It is glorious.

Then I had breakfast in bed. Not because it was served to me but because I was too cold to eat at our kitchen table. 

After breakfast I worked on homework, which was watching a movie. I'm down with that.

Following homework I was joined by my lovely Russian friend Olga. We went and got manicures and pedicures. Not just any type of manicure/pedicure. This place was awesome. They had a menu of herbs and essential oils you could choose from to add to your experience. That's right. A menu of aromatherapy. Wow.

I chose the calming tea time: ginger root, green tea, and lemon. My feet were super calm after being rubbed down with those scents.

For the hands I told the adorable Asian woman to surprise me. She chose lavender and rosemary. I was fearful that I would come out smelling like an old lady and my favorite chicken rub but I didn't. It was amazing.

After my hands and heels felt more soft and supple than a baby's behind they were painted with this gorgeous polish by OPI called "It's My Year". 




What do you think of it? 

So the day got better. Yes it did. I gorged myself on Panera broccoli cheddar soup and chicken salad. Is there anything better than hot soup on a stormy day? Nope. 

At this point I felt pretty good. My nails looked fab and my appetite was satisfied. But H&M had something wonderful in store for me. I love that place.

Nothing better than a $5.00 skirt. That's right. $5.00. Ever girl needs a basic black high waist skirt in their wardrobe. So I bought it. And I kind of love it. 
(Note: I was going to post pictures of the skirt but I'm in my sweat pants and its cold. I will share it with you later.)

Came home. Snuggled with the husband while watching a girl movie. Made some popcorn and a Silk milkshake. Ahhhhhhh. I love therapy. Aromatherapy, shopping with a girlfriend therapy, breakfast in bed therapy, snuggle with the husband therapy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment